Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Sticky Note Holders


This is the first time I've made these. I don't have the pens yet, but since I am going away to visit the kids and grandchildren for Christmas on Thursday, I probably won't have the pens until I get back after the new year.

I followed this tutorial. I made the blue one first, and made it fancy, then made a less fancy green one after that. They were really fun to make! Sorry the photos are so blurry, but we have compact flourescent bulbs, and it's really dark around here at night now, even though they are supposed to be equivalent to 100 watts. Can't read and do crafts using them except during the day, and photos don't come out very well with my phone and so little light.

For the blue one, I used floral paper from my stash, blue pearl cs from an art supply store and ordinary white card stock. I used Spellbinders for the center square, and Marianne Creatables for the flower.

I decided to add Stickles for sparkle, but then the outside corners looked blank. I always save some of the fancier punch outs from my Spellbinders dies in Altoid tins in case I need extra accents on a piece, so I looked in there and found these little ones which I added and put Stickle in the corners of them.

The green one was done using some card stock I bought quite a few years ago. It has dark green mulberry paper on one side and light green on the other. Since I'm planning on selling these, I wanted this one to be simpler, so I added a Spellbinders Sunflower die and the leaf from it. I used pebbles chalk creams to stencil the leaf and the sunflower. The leaf really isn't that shiny light green, it just reflected the flash from the camera. It is really a slightly darker shade of green and isn't shiny at all. The leaf and the sunflower were applied flat on the card, then I used a second cut out sunflower over the first, mounted on dimensional tape to make it look more like a real sunflower.

No comments: