Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ship and Shells Easel Card JRC_074

I think I finally got a vintage card! This is for JustRite Friday Challenge #074 - "Vintage Masculine". For this challenge, I used JustRite's discontinued You Are My Anchor set for the medallion above the ship, and JustRite's JB-09755 By The Sea Borders & Centers for the shell medallion at the bottom of the easel.

I am so happy, when I first posted this, I was afraid my new stamps had been delivered to someone else. I just found out from the wonderful people at JustRite that there had been a delay in sending them because they are moving from Illinois to Virginia. They were sent out two days ago, so I should be receiving them any time now. I can't wait to see them!!!

The DP and die cuts are K&Co, and the ink used for stamping and distressing is Anna Griffin Chocolate. For some reason the distressing on the boat looks orange in my photograph, but it looks brown on the cards. It is the same ink that I used to distress the card and medallions. The boat and shells have too much red and orange in them in the photo too. The whole card is much more brown than this.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I think you did PERFECT! Don't be afraid of the word "vintage", it could just mean muted colors or not modern looking. Anything masculine would be totally fine ;-)

Thanks for taking the vintage masculine challenge!

Myrna said...

Kathi
This is a fabulous card. You did a great job.
Myrna

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice masculine card!

craftieodmae said...

fantastic man card!!

Marisa Job said...

Great card Kathy!! Love the vintage colors!!

Marge said...

Nice job on your vintage masculine card, Kathi! Since I live in the desert, I tend not to purchase ocean-related stamps, but they are perfect for masculine or vacation-related projects and these have a definite vintage-ness to them!

Mary Jo said...

Kathi you did a nice job in creating a vintage card. Very nice job.