Pazzles Bar

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Butterfly Fancy Fold Card



It's been quite a few years since I've made one of these cards. For this card, I used the Mariposa Stack by DCWV. All the ink is Brilliance Cosmic Copper, and the EP is Tsukineko Sparkle.

For the card base, I used one sheet of DP folded so the design is on the inside. Then I used another sheet for the inside window part. Next I used the same green print on the front of the card as I used inside the window, and cut a matching border from the same yellow DP, and punched it with a MS edge punch and added it to the front of the card.

For the sentiment, I used Our Daily Bread Designs Eternity stamp set, and their matching Elegant Ovals custom die by Spellbinders. Those were mounted dimensionally to the front of the card, and green Stickles were added to the scalloped border on the DP.

On the inside, I punched a bunch of tiny MS butterflies and added them to the green DP inside the window.

The large 3-D butterfly is from the Spellbinders Wonderful Wings set, and was cut from the same yellow DP. First, I ran a sheet through my Xyron, then cut and embossed the butterfly four times. I removed the backing sheet from half of two butterflies and stuck them together. Then, I kept adding butterflies until I came to the last set of wings. I put a bamboo skewer into the center, and adhered the last two wings.

Now, I'm glad I used my Xyron, because it kept everything lined up nicely, but unfortunately this new refill of permanent Xyron stuff doesn't stick too well for some reason, so I slid the butterfly down the stick a ways, and put some silicone glue on the skewer, and slid the butterfly back up so the glue would hold it.

Then I added glue to the inside edges of each of the wings, since they also didn't want to stick together very well.

Last, I added green Stickles to the butterfly's bodies, and diamond Stickles to the edges of the wings, then mounted him to the fold using silicone glue.

The silicone glue seems to hold really well, and he's in there firmly. It's the kind of glue that you buy in a large tube at the hardware store, and is good for gluing all kinds of things. I used to use it a lot in my dollhouses, and love using it to glue flowers and things on cards. If you've been wondering what to use to stick odd embellishments on with, try it, it dries clear, and really sticks!

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

another jaw dropper!!!! Gorgeous, you so good at these!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful! It's been a while since I've used that technique for a card too, You have inspired me, (Again)

Marisa Job said...

Such a pretty card!! Love the fancy fold!!

Sasha said...

Another beautifully created card, Kathi x